Job Posting: Accountant
This newly created full time position is an essential addition to our growing accounting team. The ideal candidate must have strong technical accounting skills, impeccable organization skills and an effective and professional communication style, both orally and in writing. It is essential to be an effective multi-tasker who can pay close attention to detail. Adaptability is essential to this role, on some projects there will be a need to work independently while on others there will be a need to work as part of a cohesive and supportive team. Flexibility with job responsibilities is necessary as this new role, and the organization, evolve in the coming year.
- Assist the Controller with annual general ledger audit and pension plan ERISA audits, corporate federal and state tax returns and miscellaneous filings, preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets, investment reconciliations, monthly journal entries and accruals and miscellaneous general ledger maintenance
- Perform monthly and quarterly account reconciliations and analyses to include bank account reconciliations, fixed asset depreciation schedules and other necessary balance sheet account reconciliations. Monitor accounts receivable balances and pursue collections if necessary. Audit accounts payable checks before signature. Review Journal Entries posted by Accounting Assistant
- Process a biweekly payroll using the Paylocity software payroll system. Monitor and maintain time and attendance software. Maintain current and organized payroll records and reports. Process and file employee IRS form W2’s. Reconcile payroll tax returns and manage the monthly payroll interface into the general ledger. Work closely with employees and the HR department to resolve employee payroll related questions and issues.
- Monitor and verify balances and income from outside trusts. Update schedules monthly. Promptly notify Controller of any discrepancies or issues
- Assist the Controller and the VP of Finance & Administration with special projects that will help achieve the accounting department’s annual objectives.
- BS in Accounting (or Finance) and 1-3 years of related accounting experience. Not-for-profit accounting and/or payroll processing experience highly desirable.
- Be a critical thinker who is able to effectively identify and evaluate problems, display sound judgment in resolving problems and know when it is appropriate to ask for help.
- A proficiency in Microsoft Office, to include Word and Excel, is essential to this position. Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics General Ledger software, Management Reporter report writer and Blackbaud Raisers Edge software is a plus!
Competitive wage and benefits package.
Come join our team!