Job Posting: Community Dispatch Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Associate Director of Community Programs
This full time hourly position is key to the Community Programs operation because it involves every aspect of a rescue dispatch office. A high level of confidentiality, organization, professionalism, flexibility and attention to detail is required. Working in a small busy environment makes strong interpersonal skills a necessity. This position must be able to work efficiently in a team environment and independently, perform multiple tasks including answering telephones, completing paper work, assisting in special projects, computer work with multiple databases, data reporting, service fee collection, training and supervising volunteers and other related office duties. Predominant responsibilities include dispatch for Rescue Services; assist in the coordination of rescue situations, work with callers to assess their situation and determine the best course of action to accomplish the best results. This position has to be flexible in the duties and responsibilities to best fit the changing needs of Community Programs and the mission of the Animal Rescue League of Boston (ARL).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- *Must be able to handle a wide variety of clients effectively. Must have and maintain excellent customer relations skills. Assist with and problem solve caller concerns with emotional control and the ability to diffuse tense situations.
- *Answer telephone calls promptly with the appropriate greeting and a friendly voice. Provide callers with appropriate information in an agreeable and considerate fashion. Refer to other appropriate resources as necessary. Manage follow through and client expectations.
- *Develop and maintain relationships with state agencies, Animal Control Officers, Shelters and Rescue Groups and track all referrals to and from these sources.
- *Must be able to effectively dispatch rescue staff on their regular routes and emergency calls in a safe, expeditious, and efficient manner.
- *Responsible for the accountability and safety of all Rescue Services personnel by following established check in protocol.
- Manage incident process of vehicles and employees; including immediate reporting to management, proper and report completion and submission to HR.
- Manage and coordinate maintenance of all Rescue Services vehicles.
- *Manage and maintain the appropriate electronic databases; including but not limited to, gps tracking software, call order software, activity management software and Microsoft Office.
- *Collect fees and invoice for services as appropriate, submit end of day reporting.
- *Prepare and process documents, transactions, reports, reminders, and other paperwork for clients, callers, community programs staff and other ARL departments.
- *Supervise, train and assign relevant work to volunteer office and field staff.
- Provide support to Associate Director, Field Officers and Rescue agents with ongoing special projects. Take initiative to improve program efficiencies and management.
- Must complete a ninety (90) day orientation and training period.
- *Must maintain a good attendance record.
- *The regular work week is 40 hours, but must be willing to work a reasonable amount of overtime, if necessary.
- *Must present a neat, clean appearance.
- *Must be able to interpret and exercise ARL policies accurately.
- *Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in customer service or dispatch preferred.
- *Must have outstanding customer service skills.
- *Must be of good moral character with an even disposition and the ability to deal effectively and politely with a diverse group of people in a variety of situations. This person must have definite abilities to evaluate problems accurately and display good, sound judgment when working without supervision. These are extremely important and critical qualifications.
- *Advanced computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Geographical aptitude and map reading skills preferred.
- Experience with collecting fees for service preferred.
- A high level of professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and a team player are required.
*Essential functions of the job in compliance with the ADA.
The Animal Rescue League of Boston is an equal opportunity employer, and we make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.