Job Posting: Human Resources Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Human Resources
The Human Resources Coordinator is a full time, hourly position that performs a key role in supporting the benefits, recruitment,and administrative functions of the ARL’s Human Resources Department. This position requires a high level of organizational skills, professionalism and the ability to identify employee needs. It is essential for this role to deliver exceptional customer service to support a welcoming, professional, and progressive atmosphere. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources and is eligible for benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and create personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements. Ensure confidential human resource files and records are current and accurate. Responsible for maintaining HRIS system changes. Keep employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely and accurately.
- Coordinate with appropriate departments to facilitate onboarding process, including Finance, Facilities and IT.
- In collaboration with the Director of Human Resources, administer benefits programs, including enrollments, changes and terminations or responding to inquiries for all employees professionally and expeditiously.
- Assist the Director of HR and Finance Dept with the maintenance of retirement plans, including 403(b) plans.
- Assist HR Director with various research projects, audits, surveys, and/or spreadsheet analyses.
- Minimum 2 years experience in progressively responsible positions in human resources. Benefits administration experience preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills are essential. Must maintain a professional, personable, and customer-focused demeanor.
- A willingness to learn, flexibility to change and good judgment in decision-making and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of confidentiality and professionalism in the human resources function.
- Travel to sites may be required. Access to reliable transportation will be needed.
The Animal Rescue League of Boston is an equal opportunity employer, and we make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.