Job Posting: Manager of the Annual Fund
POSITION: Manager of the Annual Fund
The Manager of the Annual Fund is full-time position (40 hours), requiring a high level of professionalism, analysis, flexibility, technological sophistication, and attention to detail. This position is ultimately responsible for managing the following five (5) elements of the ARL Advancement effort:
- the ARL Annual Fund;
- the ARL Champions Circle Monthly Donor program’
- the ARL Special (i.e. Boston Marathon, Falmouth Road Race, etc.) and “Do It Yourself” (DIY) Events (private fundraising events proposed by interested donors/volunteers) programs’
- Donor Data Integrity (working with the entire advancement department);
- ARL Advancement administration management when the Director is out meeting with donors.
Management of the ARL Annual Fund, the ARL Champions Circle monthly donor program and the ARL Special and DIY Events programs will be conducted through four (4) key vehicles of expertise:
- direct mail program management (8 appeals a year, currently with an outside vendor) and strategic development,
- proactive and strategic integration with the ARL Marketing department, both in building communications plans around the direct mail effort, and beyond;
- secondary contact with donors through surveys, thank-you phone calls, e-mails and other methods;
- Direct recruitment and oversight of event volunteers and careful judgment as to whether proposed events are in keeping with the ARL culture, etc.
With the approval of the Director, the position must set, and commit to raising annually increasing quotas in all sub-functions mentioned above.
Managing the integrity of ARL Donor Data will include analyzing, and sustaining, the overall well-being of Advancement’s existing database, Raiser’s Edge, including the integrity, functionality, and implementation of the system.
Candidates with a minimum of five to seven years of non-profit fundraising experience with a proven record of achievements will be considered. Demonstrated proficiency with web content management systems (i.e. Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Sphere, Salesforce, etc.) is a critical qualification. The successful candidate must be capable of balancing multiple projects with competing deadlines simultaneously and always be willing to take on new challenges and acquire new knowledge. This role requires a motivated team player with exemplary interpersonal skills and a genuine commitment to mission.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Human Resources Department
Animal Rescue League of Boston
10 Chandler Street
Boston, MA 02116
HR fax (617) 423-6201