Job Posting: Marketing Coordinator
POSITION: Marketing Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Marketing Manager
This full time exempt position in the marketing and development department requires a high level of confidentiality, organization, professionalism, flexibility and attention to detail. This position will provide assistance to the Marketing Manager in the development and implementation of a proactive marketing strategy (written and visual) using compelling images, engaging copy and fresh design layouts. The Marketing Coordinator assists the marketing and development team in telling the ARL’s story to the general public and donors. The Marketing Coordinator will be actively involved creating effective visual imagery and photography for the ARL’s publications, digital communications including social media, email, and blog, and print collateral.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- *Provide all creative materials including photographs, videos, and audio files to the ARL in acknowledgement that materials are the property of the organization.
- *Work efficiently in a team environment performing multiple tasks including answering telephones, completing paper work, assisting in marketing projects, computer work, and other related office duties. This position involves a flexible work schedule, which may include occasional evening and weekend hours.
- *Coordinate the ARL’s social media presence through its existing Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram sites. Manage content provided by marketing and development team on social media, and work with marketing manager to schedule and compelling content.
- *Monitor social media, responding to questions and/or directing concerns to appropriate staff.
- *Support graphic design of marketing, development, and event collateral and promotional materials including flyers, posters, invitations, event signage.
- *Support the development and execution of email communications to subscribers and donors, including providing images, design input/support, and content ideas.
- *Support the development and execution of blog posts, landing pages, and website content updates, including providing images, design input/support, and content ideas.
- Maintain stock photography library to ARL standards.
- Act as in-house photographer as needed.
- *Coordinate volunteer photographers for event photo coverage including branding training.
- *Assist in brand management and monitoring of the ARL’s reputation identity in all customer-facing media channels, collateral, and content..
- *Provide logistical planning support for ARL marketing and development events.
- *Participate in writing and fact checking copy and content for different communications pieces.
- Must maintain a good attendance record
- Must complete a six-month orientation and training period
The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other occasional duties, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the level of the position.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in a Marketing-related field, Journalism or English. 1-2 years of experience in a marketing, communications, and/or development is required.
- Must possess a valid Massachusetts driver’s license and be insurable with the League’s insurance policy for occasional travel between the ARL’s Boston, Dedham and Brewster facilities as well as off-site events.
- Photography and camera equipment experience required. Knowledge of computer programs required including Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, social media platforms, etc.
- Excellent verbal and creative writing skills are required. Previous experience in publication management (writing, editing, and designing), social media and blogging preferred. Experience with html is desirable.
- Must be honest and trustworthy with the ability to communicate effectively. Must have definite abilities to evaluate problems accurately and display good, sound judgment. Must be highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to multitask projects. Must be open to feedback and collaborating with colleagues and supervisors to produce exceptional creative materials.
- Must be a creative self-starter who enjoys collaboration, brainstorming and working in a team setting.
- A commitment to the mission and programs of the Animal Rescue League of Boston is essential.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com or:
Human Resources Department
Animal Rescue League of Boston
10 Chandler Street
Boston, MA 02116
HR fax (617) 423-6201