Job Posting: Part-Time Receptionist (6 hours/week)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Associate Director of Shelter Operations
This is a part-time (6 hours), non-exempt position consisting of Sunday afternoon. This position requires excellent customer service, a calm demeanor and strong organizational skills. Working in a small busy environment make interpersonal communication skills and a willingness to be a team player absolute requirements. This position has to be flexible in the duties and responsibilities to best fit the changing needs of the Animal Rescue League of Boston.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must complete a ninety (90) day orientation and training period;
- Must maintain a good attendance record;
- Must present a neat, clean and professional appearance and wear name tag if required;
- *Work efficiently in the lobby Headquarters office performing multiple tasks including answering the main telephone, taking accurate telephone messages, transferring calls accurately, and greeting and directing the public;
- *Clean and maintain the lobby area, including, but not limited to, vacuuming, washing windows, and sweeping. A strong emphasis is placed on office appearance. All areas must be kept in a neat, clean and organized fashion. All non-essential items must be removed at all times;
- Present an alert, friendly and courteous personality on the telephone and in person. Must maintain a high level of customer service and professionalism;
- Answer the telephone promptly and with a friendly greeting. Must be able to deal effectively and politely with the public at all times. Efficiently answer questions and direct customers to the appropriate location as their needs require;
- This position will receive phone calls and requests for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to, reporting animal cruelty, animal emergencies, and other highly emotional situations. Maintaining a calm and professional demeanor in these situations is essential;
- *Must be able to interpret and explain the League’s mission, policies, and procedures accurately. May assist clients with any questions about our services and the animals in our care through the use of Chameleon software;
- *Prepare, receive and sort the mail. Responsible for the security of the mail room and for notifying staff about receipt of mail or other documents, items, etc.;
- *Provide basic administrative support. May be required to type, address and mail correspondence, send email messages, fax, make copies, and sort paperwork. Assist other departments as necessary;
- While on duty, must work well independently and remain focused with other employees or visitors in the lobby;
- *As necessary, assist with entering confidential volunteer information into the Chameleon software database for our Volunteer Department;
- *Assist with managing registration for ARL dog training classes and maintaining class lists. Assist dog trainers with needed paperwork regarding their classes. Answer client questions regarding training classes;
- Assist with apparel inventory, including sales and maintaining an organized inventory closet;
- *Assist with office supply inventory and maintaining the office supply room;
- Assist the adoption center by performing post-adoption follow-up calls;
- *Accept and put away donations received in the lobby;
- Must be flexible and have the ability to assist in covering other shifts, as needed, which may include weekend, night or weekday hours;
- *May be required to open or secure the Headquarters building.
- High School graduate or equivalent required;
- Willingness and ability to assist in covering other shifts, as needed, which may include weekend, night or weekday hours;
- Must have previous experience in a high volume customer service center; must have experience answering phones and greeting customers, politely, friendly, and professionally;
- Must be an honest and trustworthy person with an even disposition and the ability to deal effectively and politely with a diverse group of people, in a variety of situations;
- Must have the ability to evaluate problems accurately and display good, sound judgment. Must be highly organized and detail oriented;
- Must have previous computer experience with Microsoft applications;
- Must be motivated to learn and be flexible to change;
- A commitment to the mission of the Animal Rescue League of Boston is essential.
*Essential Job functions in compliance with the ADA.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include the job title in your email subject line) or:
Human Resources Department
Animal Rescue League of Boston
10 Chandler Street
Boston, MA 02116
HR fax (617)-423-6201
The Animal Rescue League of Boston is an equal opportunity employer, and we make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.