Job Posting: Special Events “Street Team” Paid Internship
POSITION: Special Events “Street Team” Paid Internship
The Animal Rescue League of Boston (ARL) is seeking individuals with an interest in event marketing, guerilla marketing, public relations, and social media. These interns will play a pivotal role in raising awareness of the ARL at various events as a member of our street team during a 9 week (June- end of August) program, with a maximum commitment of 20 hours per week.
These interns report to the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Marketing and Creative Coordinator and
Internship responsibilities include:
- Working with the marketing department to plan and implement public awareness events
- The special events intern will be the ARL’s feet on the ground. Raising awareness about the organization through participation in various events.
- Posting on social media during events, i.e. live tweeting, posting to Instagram, etc…
- Working with ARL shelters and volunteers to identify animals that would attend events
- Coordinating content with our adoption centers
The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the position. It does not, however, exclude other occasional duties, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the level of the position.
- Previous experience in customer service, public relations, social media, marketing, guerilla marketing, or event planning is required.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills, communication skills, and solid social media experience.
- Excellent verbal and creative writing skills required.
- Must be an honest and trustworthy person with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Must have definite abilities to evaluate problems accurately and display good, sound judgment.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to multitask projects.
- Must have coursework/experience in communications, public relations, marketing or hospitality.
- Must be available on weekends and evenings, a minimum of 20 hours/week
- Must have own laptop and smartphone
- Must love animals!
At the internship’s conclusion, you will have gained valuable event production experience while strengthening your resume. This is a great opportunity for individuals who want to positively impact a nonprofit while exploring a career in event marketing. Interns may also receive college credit depending on their school’s requirements and guidelines.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Human Resources Department
Animal Rescue League of Boston
10 Chandler Street
Boston, MA 02116
HR fax (617) 423-6201