Job Posting: Staff Veterinarian
RESPONSIBLE TO: Lead Veterinarian of Boston Veterinary Care
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced veterinarian who wants to make a difference in the lives of our clients and their animal companions. Our ideal candidate is a veterinarian with proven medical and surgical skills; experience with dental procedures is a must. Must have a commitment to teamwork; a positive and engaged approach to problem-solving; highly skilled at compassionate communication with our clients and staff; and the desire to learn and grow their professional skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to handle a wide variety of animals effectively and in a humane manner. Effectively communicates the policies and beliefs of the Animal Rescue League. Deals with a variety of animal species in a multitude of the environmental circumstances;
- The work week will consist of 4 days per week, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday for a total of 40 hours. Must be able to utilize time management effectively;
- Effectively communicate with clients about case management, diagnosis, prognosis, advice and follow-up;
- Keep thorough, comprehensive and detailed medical records in compliance with all laws/regulations and collaborate with administrative staff to ensure proper collection of data;
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service;
- Positively represent ARL in the professional community and to the general public;
- Keeps aware of new products and pharmaceuticals. Maintains strict control of all drugs. Completes electronic records efficiently;
- Keeps current in the veterinary field (reads journals and attends seminars);
- Must maintain a good attendance record.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree or equivalent, required;
- Current Massachusetts Veterinary License in good standing, required;
- Must have background in small animal medicine and surgery; experience with small animal dental procedures and radiographs is a must;
- Must be of good moral character and must have an even disposition and emotional control and be able to deal effectively and politely with all types of people from all types of backgrounds and experience and in all types of difficult situations. This person must have definite abilities to evaluate problems accurately and display well, sound judgment when working without supervision and under emotional stress. These are extremely important and critical qualifications;
- A high level of professionalism and strong interpersonal skills are required.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include the job title in your email subject line) or:
Human Resources Department
Animal Rescue League of Boston
10 Chandler Street
Boston, MA 02116
HR fax (617)-423-6201
The Animal Rescue League of Boston is an equal opportunity employer, and we make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.