Job Posting: Shelter Veterinary Technician
POSITION: Shelter Veterinary Technician
RESPONSIBLE TO: Lead Shelter Veterinarian
The Animal Rescue League of Boston is currently seeking a highly motivated Shelter Veterinary Technician. This part-time position will join our experienced and team-oriented Shelter Veterinary Services department. The successful candidate will have proven technical skills in both examinations and surgery; a commitment to teamwork; a positive and engaged approach to problem-solving; excellent communication skills; and the desire to learn and grow their professional skills.
- An Associate’s degree or certification from an AVMA accredited college level or Certified Veterinary Technician program in veterinary technology preferred. Minimum of two years of animal surgical experience preferred. Prior experiences with domestic animals, preferably working in a Humane Organization or Veterinary Clinic required;
- Experience with laboratory and clinical techniques, uses of veterinary drugs, instruments and equipment, anesthetic and surgical nursing and monitoring including instrumentation is required;
- Must possess good computer skills;
- Must be of good moral character with an even disposition and the ability to deal effectively and politely with a variety of people in all types of situations. This person must be able to evaluate problems accurately and display sound judgment when working without supervision and under emotional stress;
- A high level of professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and ability to function as a team player are absolutely required.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include the job title in your email subject line) or:
Human Resources Department
Animal Rescue League of Boston
10 Chandler Street
Boston, MA 02116
HR fax (617)-423-6201
The Animal Rescue League of Boston is an equal opportunity employer, and we make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.