Job Posting: Client Liaison
POSITION: Boston Veterinary Care Client Liaison
RESPONSIBLE TO: Boston Veterinary Care Administrator
This position is key to BVC operations because it involves every aspect of the clinic’s front office. A high level of professionalism and extremely strong customer service skills are mandatory. Working in a small busy environment make strong interpersonal skills, willingness to be a team player, good computer skills and the ability to mulit-task absolute requirements.This position has to be flexible in the duties and responsibilities to best fit the changing needs of BVC and the mission of the Animal Rescue League of Boston. The duties of the position cover any part of the front office as well as other administrative duties. Working with the Administrator, the duties include developing, implementing and maintaining customer service protocols. The duties do not entail any activities prohibited by the veterinary practice act of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- *Must be able to handle a wide variety of employees, clients and animals effectively and in a humane manner. Must have and maintain excellent customer relations skills.
- *Must complete a ninety (90) day orientation and training period.
- *Must maintain a good attendance record.
- *The regular work week is 40 hours, but must be willing to work a reasonable amount of overtime or when other duties require it at night, weekends, and holidays. Must be willing and able to work a weekend or a rotating schedule.
- Must present a neat, clean appearance and wear attire appropriate for a business office, or wear a uniform and name tag if required.
- *Must be able to interpret and exercise League policies accurately.
- *Welcome clients as they arrive in the clinic reception area. Provide clients with appointments and information in a pleasant and professional manner. Guide clients efficiently to appropriate exam rooms and/or clinic staff.
- *Answer telephone calls promptly with the appropriate greeting and a friendly voice. Provide callers with appointments and information in an agreeable and considerate fashion. Manage and maintain the message system for clinic staff.
- *Prepare, process and file: files, records, certificates, documents, transactions, estimates, reports, releases, recalls, reminders, and other paperwork for clients, callers, and clinic staff. Transfer new laboratory reports to doctors.
- *Admit and release routine surgical patients with clinic staff. Explain routine client instructions; collect fees and process paperwork. Notify veterinarians to receive and discharge special surgical patients.
- *Dispense OTC drugs and supplies, or prescription drugs and supplies prepared by or on the order of a staff veterinarian. Collect fees and process records. Telephone clients, who fail to pick up prescriptions, record the responses in patient records and notify staff veterinarians.
- *Label laboratory samples from clients and transfer samples to technicians for processing. Collect lab fees and process lab records. Collect and transfer laboratory samples from clinic staff to couriers.
- *Since most of the Clinic areas are either open to or visible by the public, a strong emphasis must be placed on site appearance. Maintain all areas including desk and OTC drugs and supplies in a neat, clean, organized and stocked fashion. Keep reception area odor free and at a comfortable temperature. Must abstain from eating in the reception area.
- *When working alone, must assume responsibility for opening and closing the Clinic. This includes making sure the animals have been properly taken care of and securing the premises.
- *Remind clients by telephone of appointments and prepare records and paperwork before client visits.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Must have a good work attendance record.
- Must have a strong customer service attitude. This person must have definite abilities to evaluate problems accurately and display good, sound judgment when working without supervision and under emotional stress. These are extremely important and critical qualifications.
- Previous experience in a humane organization or veterinary clinic preferred.
- A high level of professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and a team player are required.
*Essential functions of the job in compliance with the ADA.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com or:
Human Resources Department
Animal Rescue League of Boston
10 Chandler Street
Boston, MA 02116
HR fax (617) 423-6201