Job Posting: Pine Ridge Pet Cemetery Liaison
POSITION: Pine Ridge Pet Cemetery Liaison
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Shelter Operations
Under the direction of the shelter management team, this position is key to the Pine Ridge Cemetery operations because it involves every aspect of the office. A high level of professionalism and strong customer service skills are mandatory. Working in an emotionally charged environment makes strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, and a willingness to be a team player absolute requirements for the Cemetery Liaison. Must be able to work efficiently in a busy office setting performing multiple tasks at one time and other tasks as assigned. This position has to be flexible in the duties and responsibilities to best fit the changing needs of the Pine Ridge Pet Cemetery and the mission of the Animal Rescue League of Boston.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- *Must complete a ninety (90) day orientation and training period.
- *Must maintain a good attendance record.
- *The regular work week is 30 hours but must be willing to work additional hours if necessary. Must be willing and able to work a weekend or a rotating schedule, if necessary.
- Must present a neat, clean appearance and wear attire appropriate for a business office, or wear a uniform and name tag if required.
- *Answer and return telephone calls and emails promptly with a friendly tone. Provide callers with appointments and information in an agreeable and considerate fashion. Manage and maintain the message system for Cemetery office.
- Must be able to interpret and explain the League’s mission, policies, and procedures accurately. Assist clients with their needs and answer questions about our services.
- *Must be able to work and communicate with a wide variety of staff, clients and animals effectively and in a humane manner. Must have and maintain excellent customer relations skills.
- *Arrange burials or cremations for deceased animals and handle deceased pets in a respectful and humane manner.
- *Contact clients (both internal and external) to inform them about cremation arrangements and pick-ups.
- *Prepare, process and file: files, records, certificates, documents, transactions, estimates, reports, releases, recalls, reminders, and other paperwork for clients, callers, and Cemetery staff. Explain routine client instructions; collect fees and process paperwork using the Chameleon computer software. Answer emails relating to the Cemetery program
- Assist Cemetery staff with daily procedures as needed.
- May be asked to assist with Cemetery related duties, off site or outside of the office.
- *When working alone, must assume responsibility for opening and closing the Cemetery office, including securing the premises
- Since most of the Cemetery office and garage areas are either open to or visible by the public, a strong emphasis must be placed on site appearance. Maintain all areas in a neat, clean and organized fashion
- Maintain inventory of program supplies and make recommendations of purchasing needs to management for approval.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
- Previous experience in a humane organization or veterinary clinics preferred.
- Must have strong computer and telephone skills.
- Must be trustworthy and display an even disposition with the ability to deal effectively and politely with a diverse group of people in all types of emotional situations.
- This person must have definite abilities to evaluate problems accurately and display good, sound judgment when working without supervision and under emotional stress. These are extremely important and critical qualifications
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- A high level of professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team is required.
*Essential functions of the job in compliance with the ADA.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com or:
Human Resources Department
Animal Rescue League of Boston
10 Chandler Street
Boston, MA 02116
HR fax (617) 423-6201