Freelance Graphic/Production Designer – Remote
The Animal Rescue League of Boston (ARL) is an unwavering champion for animals in need, committed to keeping them safe and healthy in habitats and homes.
ARL is looking for an exceptional freelance graphic/production designer to help out with several special projects for various departments within our organization –Marketing/Communications, Human Resources, and Finance- to help re-brand and re-format internal and external forms, applications, and corporate manuals.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in-house, as part of a branded environment; with business information; with forms and applications; and on internal documents and corporate manuals.
This is an hourly position in which we’ll need a minimum of a 5 hour/week commitment. The ideal candidate would be willing to work with us for an extended period of time, as some special projects could take up to a year or more to complete. All work can be completed off-site (remote) with a flexible schedule, as long as mutually agreed upon deadlines are adhered to. Candidate must use their own computer equipment and software; workstation will not be provided.
Job type: Hourly; Remote
Start date: ASAP
Skills & experience
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
• Experience working with both print and digital assets
• Strong design aesthetic with sophisticated understanding of typography, color, hierarchy, and layout design
• Ability to adhere to brand guidelines and apply brand consistency to various formats (forms, applications, manuals, etc.)
• Ensure attention to detail, while handling multiple projects simultaneously
• Available for communication about project direction and status, as needed, via phone, email, or in-person
• Acknowledge that all materials will become property of ARL
To apply, please email the following to Lisa Graham, Associate Director of Marketing and Communications, at email@example.com:
• Relevant samples (examples of forms and manuals ideal)
• Hourly rate
• Availability to start