Job Posting: Accounts Payable Specialist
This is a full time Accounts Payable Specialist role. The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, flexibility, strong interpersonal skills, and superb attention to detail.
• Process Accounts Payable invoices; including verification of receipt of goods or services, obtaining proper approval signatures, data entry of invoices into the General Ledger accounts payable system, printing and disbursing checks, and transmitting Positive Pay files to bank.
• Process cash receipts weekly, enter data into the General Ledger system, write up bank deposit slips and deliver deposits to bank.
• Serve as a back up to payroll processing
• Check bank balances daily and complete cash transfer requests
• Reconcile and maintain Petty Cash.
• Reconcile Corporate Credit card payments, verify proper documentation is attached and make payments monthly.
• Prepare annual vendor 1099 and 1096 filings.
• Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships. Work closely with vendors to correct invoice discrepancies and resolve open invoices.
• Assist Controller with annual audit, monthly closings and general ledger maintenance and analysis as well as other assigned administrative duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business with an accounting or finance background preferred. 1-2 years of experience required.
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred.
• Must be organized and detailed oriented.
• Must be motivated to learn and be flexible to change.
• Must be a critical thinker who is able to effectively identify and evaluate problems, display sound judgment in resolving problems and know when it is appropriate to ask for help.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Human Resources Department
Animal Rescue League of Boston
10 Chandler Street
Boston, MA 02116
HR fax (617) 423-6201