Job Posting: Marketing Manager
POSITION: Marketing Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Marketing and Development
The Marketing Manager will independently manage key digital, social, and electronic communications channels and community relationships to grow awareness of the ARL, its mission, and its programs and services. This full time position will contribute copy, content, and visual imagery for ARL publications, digital and social communications, and print collateral, with the goal of communicating a clear, consistent message that engages target audiences.
The Marketing Manager will also work across the organization to understand objectives and program marketing needs, and translate this information into cohesive and compelling communications in selected channels.
Working with the Director of Marketing & Development, the Marketing Manager will play a more direct role in developing and implementing marketing plans for ARL programs and services as well as provide direct supervision and guidance for the Marketing Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- *Independently manage the editorial calendar and content for the ARL’s blog, social media properties, and email communications, ensuring calendar and content reinforces marketing campaign imagery and messaging.
- *Produce content for the ARL’s blog, social media properties, email communications, and website and/or work in conjunction with director of marketing and development to determine writing responsibilities.
- *Initiate communication with the ARL’s program managers and coordinators to collect timely information regarding program events, achievements, and other promotable information of interest to key target audiences. Recommend appropriate communications channels and timing.
- *Manage, implement, and grow email marketing efforts for ARL among targeted lists.
- *Originate and cultivate key community relationships to negotiate event and business partnership opportunities to expand reach and depth of ARL marketing campaigns.
- *Develop and independently manage communications channel-specific campaigns and events, coordinating support from other ARL department and program areas as needed.
- *Ensure timely front-end and back-end updates to ARL website in conjunction with marketing campaigns, program-area schedules/needs, breaking stories, SEO recommendations, and to maintain high-level of usability and functionality of ARL website.
- *Contribute best-thinking and ideas to the development of annual marketing and development plan.
- *Manage reporting of monthly growth and engagement statistics for social and email communications.
- *Assist in brand management and monitoring of the ARL’s identity in all marketing.
- *Provide creative support for copy and visual content of print and electronic pieces used by organization.
- *Coordinate photographers for event and adoption center coverage.
- *Manage Marketing Coordinator in implementation of social, design, and other marketing related assignments.
- *Manage volunteers and interns, guiding them in implementation of event- and media-related activities.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or English. Minimum of 5 years of experience in a marketing and/or communications setting is required.
- Experience managing content across multiple social properties (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Experience with design software and Google and Bing Analytics preferred.
- Experience using WordPress and/or other CMS system.
- Must possess a valid Massachusetts driver’s license and be insurable with the ARL’s insurance policy for occasional travel between the ARL’s Boston, Dedham and Brewster facilities as well as offsite events.
- Experience managing social and paid advertising campaigns a plus.
- Photography and camera equipment experience a plus. Knowledge of computer programs required (Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, social media platforms, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and creative writing skills are required. Previous experience in publication management (writing, editing, and designing), social media and blogging preferred. Experience with html is desirable.
- Must be an honest and trustworthy person with the ability to communicate effectively. Must have definite abilities to evaluate problems accurately and display good, sound judgment. Must be highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to multitask projects.
- Must be a creative self-starter who enjoys collaboration, brainstorming and working in a team setting.
Competitive wage and benefits package.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Human Resources Department
Animal Rescue League of Boston
10 Chandler Street
Boston, MA 02116
HR fax (617) 423-6201