Veterinary Technician Student Internship
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM:
The Animal Rescue League of Boston offers veterinary technician student internships scheduled in blocks throughout the year. Veterinary Technician students spend time with our Community and Shelter Medicine veterinary technicians at our branches in Boston, Dedham, and Brewster as well as our community programs on our mobile units the Spay Waggin’ and Wellness Waggin’. Working alongside veterinary technicians, students assist in both medicine and surgery.
Each student’s experience will vary depending on the activities of the various departments during their visit. Every attempt will be made to accommodate specific requests for experience, but there can be no guarantee that every experience will be available every rotation.
• Only veterinary technology students enrolled in a formal veterinary technician program at an AVMA accredited college or university will be accepted for an ARL internship.
• Each internship must be associated with a formal internship “block” scheduled and required by the school for which the school awards credit.
• Basic working knowledge of shelter medicine (to include familiarity with common infectious diseases of dogs and cats).
• Due to our multiple locations, we also require that students have access to a car during their time at ARL.
HOW TO APPLY:
Any interested veterinary technology student is asked to send an email to email@example.com
Please include the following information in the email:
• Full name
• Name of Veterinary Technology School
• Clinical year
• First and second choice of dates, including days of the week you are able to work
• Length of internship (number of clinical hours needed)
• One to two paragraphs explaining why you would like to come to ARL to participate in our veterinary technician internship and what you hope to get out of the rotation.
Once we receive your email, you will receive a reply within 1-2 weeks.