Volunteer at the Animal Rescue League of Boston
The Animal Rescue League of Boston (ARL) is always seeking dedicated and compassionate individuals who are looking to match their skills and interests with their love of animals.
Our Animal Care & Adoption Centers, Spay Waggin’, and administrative offices often need volunteers to help with everything from feeding and training shelter animals, to providing care to community cats, to staffing special events, to general office support, and much more!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
There are many meaningful ways that individuals can help animals in need at ARL.
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer
|1. Complete the 2-step application process:
a. Fill out an application. You must be at least 16 years of age to apply and have at least 5 months of volunteer service to give. We are currently only accepting applications for the positions listed in the “Current Volunteer Opportunities” section.
b. Pay the $15 non-refundable application fee. This fee includes a volunteer t-shirt; name badge; any required training classes; and a 20% discount at any of our Animal Care & Adoption Centers.
Once your $15 fee is received, you will receive an email that contains the link to the actual volunteer application. Your application cannot be processed until both steps are completed.
2. See if you’re a match. If your volunteer application is matched to a position, you will be contacted by an ARL staff member within 5 business days. All other applications will be kept on file for one year. *Please note: ARL’s volunteer program is highly competitive and the submission of an application does not guarantee placement.
3. Get on-boarded. Once you’ve been matched to a position confirmed by an ARL staff member, you will be notified about volunteer orientations and trainings that you will be required to attend.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Are you a business, school, or organization looking to volunteer your time as a group? Learn more and submit an application.
Foster a Shelter Pet
There’s more than one way to volunteer! Interested in joining ARL’s foster care network? Learn more.
For questions regarding ARL’s volunteer programs based out of our Animal Care & Adoption Centers, contact:
- Brittany Monteiro, ARL Volunteer Supervisor – Boston & Dedham, at email@example.com or (617) 226-5694
- Jack Bakker, ARL Volunteer Supervisor – Brewster, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (508) 255-1030
- Debby Chaplic, ARL’s Associate Director of Volunteer Services, at email@example.com or (617) 226-5670.