Volunteer at the
Animal Rescue League of Boston
The Animal Rescue League of Boston (ARL) is always seeking dedicated and compassionate individuals who are looking to match their skills and interests with their love of animals.
Our Animal Care & Adoption Centers, Spay Waggin’, and administrative offices often need volunteers to help with everything from feeding and training shelter animals, to providing care to community cats, to staffing special events, to general office support, and much more!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
ARL’s volunteer opportunities vary depending on the current need. Please select the location below where you would like to volunteer to see available opportunities and to submit an application.
- Boston Animal Care & Adoption Center – 10 Chandler Street, Boston, MA 02116
- Dedham Animal Care & Adoption Center – 55 Anna’s Place, Dedham, MA 02026
- (Cape Cod) Brewster Animal Care & Adoption Center – 3981 Main Street (Rte 6A), East Brewster, MA 02631
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer
|1. Fill out an application for the ARL location where you would like to volunteer. You must be at least 16 years of age to apply and have at least 6 months of volunteer service to give.
2. See if you’re a match. If your volunteer application is matched to a position, you will be contacted by an ARL staff member within 10 business days. All other applications will be kept on file for one year. *Please note: ARL’s volunteer program is highly competitive and the submission of an application does not guarantee placement.
3. Get on-boarded. Once you’ve been matched to a position confirmed by an ARL staff member, you will be notified about volunteer orientations and training that you will be required to attend.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Are you a business, school, or organization looking to volunteer your time as a group? Learn more and submit an application.
Foster a Shelter Pet
There’s more than one way to volunteer! Interested in joining ARL’s foster care network? Learn more.
For questions regarding ARL’s volunteer programs based out of our Animal Care & Adoption Centers, contact:
- Debby Chaplic, ARL’s Associate Director of Volunteer Engagement, at email@example.com or (617) 426-9170 X170
- Jack Cahill, ARL’s Volunteer Supervisor – Boston and Dedham, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 426-9170 X124
- Will Rubenstein, ARL’s Community and Volunteer Engagement Specialist, at email@example.com or (617) 426-9170 X310