Animal Rescue Services
While the ARL is currently unable to provide 24-hour/7-day-a-week emergency response, our rescue services team makes every effort to answer an animal’s call for help as quickly as possible.
To ensure animals get the assistance they need, please….
- Leave a message for the team if you are asked to do so.
- Include this information in your message:
- A telephone or cell phone number where we can call you back if needed.
- A location – the street address and town/city, as well as any helpful landmarks, such as “under the porch” or “in the tree to the left of the red house.”
- The type of animal and description of the situation.
- Contact your local animal control or police department for possible assistance and check additional wildlife resources.
PLEASE NOTE: In compliance with state regulations, some animal species require notification and special authorization from state agencies before the ARL’s animal rescue services team can provide assistance. We will inform you of any restrictions when responding to your call.
More Information on the ARL’s Animal Rescue Services Team
The ARL is the only animal welfare agency in Massachusetts that has technically-trained rescue team that responds to animal-related emergencies and rescue situations.
Animals can become trapped, displaced, or otherwise distressed for a variety of reasons, and often in areas that are difficulty to access.
That’s why our dedicated team of rescuers train in several aspects of technical animal rescue, as well as advanced animal handling and capture techniques.
Technical training includes: cat in tree, high angle, swift water, chemical immobilization, ice rescue, disaster response, slack water rescue, advanced capture techniques, large animal rescue, and marine mammal rescue.
Extensive field experience with a wide-range of species including: cats and dogs, snakes and reptiles, beavers and raccoon, emus and other exotic pets, birds and horses, and many more.
The ARL receives no government or public funding to rescue animals in distress.
YOU make this work possible!