The Animal Rescue League of Boston (ARL) opposes the killing of any animal for the purpose of using the animal for fur clothing, fur accessories, or fur products.
The exploitation of animals for their fur pelts, whether they are trapped in the wild or raised on fur farms, is inhumane and unnecessary. Animals used for their fur pelts are killed in an inhumane manner. Although the use of fur pelts is a historic and commercial practice, the historical and commercial use does not equate to the need for fur in modern times. There are alternatives to using fur products for warmth, comfort, or appearance.
The Animal Rescue League of Boston will:
- Support federal, state, and local prohibitions of the killing of any animal for the purpose of obtaining the animal’s fur or fur pelt;
- Support and encourage the education of persons seeking to understand the fur industry and the animals involved;
- Support the proper and accurate labeling of products containing fur or fur pelts from an animal;
- Encourage people to refrain from wearing fur or fur pelts from an animal, whenever possible; and
- Take federal, state, and local advocacy steps and measures to support or oppose laws or measures based upon the best interest of the animals used for their fur or fur pelts.
Click here to read more ARL Policy and Position Statements.