It’s Hip to Snip – Spay or Neuter Your Pet!
All the mod cats and dogs are doing it
There’s nothing cool about pet overpopulation.
Too many cats and dogs in Massachusetts don’t have homes.
When you spay or neuter your pet, you help prevent this problem!
Spay or neuter surgery comes with low risks and many benefits for pets, people, and communities.
So, pet owners, adjust those cool shades, and be part of the solution.
Spay or neuter your furry friend and help spread the word that it’s hip to snip!
SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT SPAY/NEUTER !
Learn more about the ARL’s It’s Hip to Snip Campaign
[sharethis key= “fymy8rz2s0dq8igg”][/sharethis]
5 Reasons It’s Hip to Snip
- #1 – You snip, you save. The cost of caring for an unplanned litter of puppies or kittens far outweighs the cost of having a pet spayed or neutered. The good news – there are many affordable and free options in Massachusetts!
- #2 – Snipping reduces spraying. Neutering resolves the vast majority of marking behaviors—even when a cat has a long-standing habit. Other nuisance behaviors such as howling in cats and excessive barking in dogs eases and even disappears after surgery.
- #3 – Snipping stops scuffles. According to the National Canine Research Foundation, approximately 92% of fatal dog attacks involved male dogs, 94% of which were not neutered. Neutering male dogs and cats reduces their urge to roam and fight with other males.
- #4 – Snipping lengthens life span. The USA Today reports neutered male dogs live 18% longer than un-neutered males, and spayed females live 23% longer than unspayed females.
- #5 – Snipping is a safeguard. Neutering male cats and dogs before six months of age prevents testicular cancer. Spaying female cats and dogs before their first heat offers protection from uterine infections and breast cancer.
Spay and Neuter Resources
Learn more about spay and neuter options by clicking on the links below
- View free or low-cost spay/neuter clinics across Massachusetts
- The ARL’s Spay Waggin’ provides spay and neuter program created to animals in need on the South Shore and Cape Cod.
- All adoptable animals at the ARL are spayed or neutered. Learn more about adopting!
- The ARL’s Boston Veterinary Care offers spay and neuter services to pet owners in greater Boston
- Read ARL’s Dr. Schettino’s blog interview about common spay/neuter myths and concerns
It’s Hip to Snip!
You can donate, learn, and share!
- DONATE – Help increase spay and neuter rates in Massachusetts! Support spay and neuter programs at the ARL!
- LEARN – Read our blog to understand how spay and neuter helps pets, people, and communities.
- SHARE – Sharing is caring! Download our super cool flyer and help spread the word to your social networks that “It’s Hip to Snip!”
Corporate and Media Partners
Many thanks for your 2016 support to keep animals safe and healthy in our community!