The ARL is celebrating National Adopt-a-Dog Month and you should too
The month of October is dedicated to honoring shelter dogs and helping the approximately 3.9 million dogs* who enter animal shelters each year find loving homes. If you’re considering adding a dog to your family, there’s no better time than National Adopt-a-Dog Month and the Animal Rescue League of Boston (ARL) is a paw-some place to find your perfect canine match.
When you adopt, you give an animal a chance at a better life. All adoptable dogs at the ARL receive:
- Spay or neuter services (excluding some small animals)
- Health screening and veterinary examination
- Behavior screening and evaluations
- Microchip identification and registration
- Heartworm test and preventative medication for dogs
- Feline Leukemia test for cats
- Flea, tick and mite treatment
- Deworming for intestinal parasites
- Tag, collar, and leash or carrier
Visit an ARL adoption center in Boston, Brewster, or Dedham, Tuesday-Sunday from 1pm-6:30pm to meet our adoptable dogs or visit www.arlboston.org/adopt to learn more about our adoptable dogs online. If you meet the dog of your dreams, in most cases you can take him or her home with you the same day!
If adding a canine companion to your family is not a possibility, you can still help dogs in need! Consider sponsoring a dog’s adoption fee or donating supplies from our shelters’ wish lists. Contact (617) 226-5602 or email@example.com for more information.
*According to the ASPCA’s pet statistics.